If deciding about 7 days seems complicated to you, just focus on designing the time frame that is most complicated for you. In my case, it’s the lunches when I’m the most tired and don’t want to spend my time cooking and cleaning. If so, I advise you to prepare very simple recipes and prepare food in the fridge in advance, which will save lunches. Make a list of the recipes you would most like to eat at this time and the foods you may have prepared earlier. In general, steamed vegetables, creams and purees, eggs are usually a salvation for dinner.
If your meals are an issue because you think you need a first, second, and dessert. Who said that? You can eat the way you want, according to your lifestyle. A well-designed tile is enough. If you are one of those who are more hungry and want to lose weight, first courses such as broths, creams and soups are a good alternative.
There are people who don’t eat breakfast. If you don’t like breakfast, you’ve got a domestic belt. You just need to look at the quality of the food you’ll eat when you finally get hungry. Always try to be of good quality. However, you are one of those people who need energy, don’t forget that to stay full all morning you need a complete breakfast: an intelligent carbohydrate with all its fiber, high-quality protein and healthy fat.
Most of the people I know have the snacking problem the most. Snacks should only make up a small fraction of our daily intake and should not be considered a pleasure zone as the ultra-processed industry wants to sell to us. There is nothing to think about here because I invite you for snacks, fruit, nuts, integral mini sandwich, sugar-free dairy products, infusions and teas.
3. SAVE ALL IDEAS IN A NOTEBOOK AND CHECK WHEN YOUR THOUGHTS IS EMPTY
It is better to supplement breakfasts as they are our daily starter. Always with the 3 macronutrients necessary for us to stay full all morning and function better. This does not mean that they are full of saturated fat or empty calories, which are of no benefit to our body. It’s best to choose fresh ingredients and prepare your own breakfast, always with fruit, at breakfast time or in the morning. Here are some of the combinations you can prepare:
- Oatmeal with vegetable milk or sugar-free Greek yoghurt, strawberries, apples and almonds
- Whole grain sandwich with cottage cheese, smoked salmon and lettuce
- Avocado, tuna, and fresh cheese toast
- Grilled eggs with spinach sprouts and cherry tomatoes
- Rye bread sandwich with ham, fresh mozzarella and basil
- Oat and banana pancakes with red fruit
- Seasonal fruit salad with cottage cheese and nuts
Nutrient packed lunches. Vegetables and proteins should always be present, they should not be missing in any of our weekly dinners, as well as carbohydrates, which will be present, albeit in smaller amounts. We will avoid fried foods as a cooking method and choose to eat foods fresh, baked or steamed. Note the following home-cooking dinners:
- Brown Rice Salad with Broccoli, Tomato, Tuna, Boiled Egg and Sweet Corn
- Peppers stuffed with quinoa and chicken, accompanied by salad
- Stewed turkey with mushrooms, green beans, and baked potato
- Eggplant stuffed with chicken and vegetables
- Quinoa salad with feta cheese, black olives, anchovies, cherry tomatoes and parsley
- Gnocchi with calamari, clams, and prawns with homemade tomato sauce and basil
- Stewed lentils with vegetables and potatoes
Healthy and light lunches. Dinner is the last meal of the day and therefore it should be the lightest, because at night our calories will be much lower than during the day, additionally giving the body the necessary time for night regeneration. For this it will be necessary that they consist of vegetables and proteins, such as fish, which are much easier to digest. Here are some examples of dinners you can cook:
- Braised Peas with Hake
- French omelette and fried spinach
- Baked fish with carrots, onions, and tomato
- Steamed broccoli and grilled tuna
- Salmon en papillote with roasted vegetables
- Fried vegetables with grilled turkey strips
- Carrot cream with vegetable chips
Don’t forget that daily exercise and drinking the recommended amount of water, as well as combining it with our weekly balanced diet, are essential to staying healthy and strong. It is important to remember that vegetables, not grains, which we have been led to believe they are, are in the lead. So put “Paella” on one day, you have to know that you can’t miss twice as many vegetables and eat a fair amount of chicken or fish containing paella. Especially if you want to lose weight effectively.
In our daily meals, we must include foods such as eggs and dairy products, extra virgin olive oil, fruits and vegetables, meat, fish, grains, legumes and nuts. Together with all of them, we will provide the body with all the necessary nutrients for proper functioning.