Tinnitus is usually not curable, but these habits are in addition to its treatment.
Have you ever heard noises or buzzing in your ears and didn’t know what was causing them? When you sleep, you can’t rest because the sound, like a constant beep bother you You probably suffer from tinnitus, also known as tinnitus.
Tinnitus is a a symptom characterized by a constant sound which is perceived without external reasons that explain it. This is a symptom, not just a disease. usually It is caused by an underlying disease.
You need to seek the opinion of a ENT a professional because he will help you determine the cause through questions about your medical history and follow-up. He will then recommend treatment to overcome this inconvenience or the use of an electronic noise suppression device, although it is necessary to remember that Tinnitus is usually incurable.
People who work with noisy machines or in high decibel environments for most of the day are exposed to this whistle outside of working hours. Similarly, using headphones with excessive volume is a risk to hearing health.
Although excessive exposure to noise is the main cause, tinnitus can be caused by vascular problems, otitis, some neurological, otological or tumor diseases, lack of hydration, excess wax or as a side effect of some medications, as indicated by portal Audio center.
In this scenario, we will explain some activities or items that you should avoid if you have the following ear symptoms:
- stress: Suffering from stress or anxiety is normal among people affected by tinnitus.
- salt: A diet rich in salt is directly related to cardiovascular problems and they can affect tinnitus.
- Using earwax: removing clogged wax can reduce the symptoms of tinnitus.
- Aspirin, quinine and ototoxic drugs: Sufferers of tinnitus should inform their doctors before prescribing certain antibiotics.
- nutrition: In some cases, it may be helpful to follow a vegetarian diet without salt, refined sugars or warmed fats. Also in some studies Some dietary changes have been shown to help people who have noise in the ears.
- Caffeine: beverages that contain this substance, such as coffee, tea or some soft drinks, should be replaced by others.
- IN excessive use of hearing aids: it is ideal to avoid using headphones, if you decide to use them, use headphones with a cup. It is also extremely important to avoid sites with very loud sounds.
- the cigarette: Nicotine on the vascular system is associated with tinnitus.
- Alcohol. Alcohol or drug abuse has been shown to increase the intensity of tinnitus.